26 September 2010
Ubrain is an application which uses binaural beats. It means it plays sounds of a certain frequency in your left ear, and of an other frequency in your right ear. This is something new for many of us and it is promoted these days by PVD himself.
See for yourself Paul's explanation on Ubrain:
Did Paul convinced you? Then visit the Ubrain site and try the application yourself. ;)
Enjoy this new episode of VANDIT KNIGHTS.
After listening to it, I have realized that it is identical with the most recent episode of Clubbin' thatt you can find here
So download it, only if you dont have the august edition of Clubbin'
24 September 2010
Tracklist ( compiled by tranceaddict.com):
01. Thomas Datt pres. Asedo - Seven Years (Ronski Speed Rmx)
02. Marco V & MoHawk - Zero One
03. Peter Rauhofer ft. Celeda - Believe In The Music (Richard Grey Rmx)
04. Steve Angello - Knas
05. John Askew - To The Floor
06. Gareth Emery - Global (Freedom Music Mix)
07. Natalie Gauci - Without You (Thomas Penton Instrumental Rmx)
Guestmix by Ferry Corsten:
08. Ferry Corsten pres. Pulse - Festival
09. Mistrigris - Sunshine
10. Niko Pavlidis ft. Sopheary Long - Long Roads
11. Pulser pres. Luminal - Sunstorm
12. Rafaël Frost - We Were
13. Tim Berg, Oliver Ingrosso & Otto Knows - iTrack
14. Deadmau5 - Some Chords
15. ID - ID
16. ID - ID
17. Pryda - Inspiration
18. Underworld - Always Loved A Film (Michael Woods Rmx)
19. George Acosta ft. Fisher - Love Rain Down (First State Rmx)
20. Ernesto vs. Bastian - Hyper Globe (Original Mix)
21. Eddie Sender - Draco
22. ? Strobe - We Are The Future (ID Rmx) ?
23. ID - ID
24. Activa - The One You Need
25. Substate - Panama
Enjoy the show!
22 September 2010
Today while I was browsing the internet, I found this very nice interview on Cream Club's website.
I tought that you would be interested to read it too, so here it is:
R:You’ve held down an amazingly successful residency at Cream Ibiza over the last 9 years, how do you feel the night has changed over the years?
PVD: Obviously things have changed over the years and this is why I think it’s even more important to stress that no matter what has happened economically etc. Cream has always stuck to its main principle – quality; and this is why it is so successful. They offer quality electronic music with a level of quality that maybe not everyone offers and this is why people keep going back every year.
R:You’re going to be playing in the Mixmag Terrace twice this year, are you excited to be playing the other room? Can we expect a different type of set from you for the exclusive Terrace performances?
PVD:It will definitely be different because the vibe is completely different in that room and the set up is different. Where the main room is dark the terrace is quite a lofty space and we will of course have a stage there too so it’s going to be quite an experience for me and a bit of an experiment.
I like a challenge and this is why I’m doing the terrace to experience a different room and vibe from what I’m used to.
R:Do you get to see much of the island when you’re there?
PVD:I’m pretty much flying in and flying out, that’s my Ibiza agenda. I won’t have the chance to experience the island.
R:Will you be playing any exclusive tracks in Cream Ibiza this year?
PVD:My new artist album will be out around 6 or 7 months after the season so you can expect the first play of some of the tracks from this at Cream in Amnesia.
R:What do you think it is about Ibiza that makes it such a special place for clubbers?
PVD:Well people go to have a good time but you can also go over and not have as good an experience if you do the same thing night after night. You have to ensure that you see the island and go to different clubs. That’s why Cream Ibiza is such a good night because it’s nothing you would experience at home.
R:As the Ibiza crowd is so international and eclectic, do you change your sound?PVD:It’s a big holiday destination, and people want to have a good time, so to some extent playing there you can fill the set with some of the big Ibiza classics, for example ‘Greece 2000’. Everybody loves it and when you play it in Ibiza, everyone goes wild, but I wouldn’t necessarily play it in my regular set because, it is a classic and it doesn’t fit, but in Ibiza it will work.
R:There’s so much technology out there at the moment for DJ’s, what technology do you use when you DJ at Cream? Do you miss Vinyl? PVD:I don’t miss vinyl and I don’t use CDJ’s, I have 2 computer systems with me. One is full with all my material the other one has a lot of software synthesizers installed and I have mini keyboards with me, where I can play a lot of things live, I have a mini controller & I have a custom made mixer.
R:Does this mean that each set is live and every time that you do them something new is going to happen?PVD:Exactly, for example I could play your favourite track, but it could sound completely different as I would play a different base line, additional hooks to it and different drums, so it would sound so much more intense and fit perfectly into the moment when I play it in my set.
R:What DJs are on your radar at the moment?
PVD:There are quite a lot people such as the one’s we work with very closely including Filo & Peri, Alex Morph, Giuseppe Ottaviani just to name a few who we continue to work with and grow their careers.
R:What ‘ultimate’ track do you always ensure you carry with you which is guaranteed to make the crowd go off?PVD:Well obviously, whenever I play For an angel, that’s always a sure shot, but one thing in the bag when I’m playing in Ibiza is a track called ‘Dreaming’ I think it is by Ruff Driverz, it has this little Spanish line, and a little Spanish guitar in there but is quite banging too, it always works.
R:Tell us something that people will be surprised to know about you? eg. any interesting hobbies that you can share with the world?
PVD:Well one thing that might surprise people is my interest in dressage…the elegant way of walking and working a horse. I don’t ride myself, my wife does and she was very successful when she competed last year. I try to watch her as often as I can but sometimes with my DJ’ing commitments it can be difficult.
R:Your record label VANDIT is 10 this year, how do you feel about reaching the 10 year milestone? How do you feel dance music has changed over the past decade?
PVD:It’s great, especially since things haven’t been so easy for the music industry over the last ten years. Us still being around shows means we must have done a few things right!
R:How do you think dance music has changed over the past ten years?
PVD:Music has always changed, electronic music started as a small club culture and now its one of the biggest music genres around. At the same time, our general sound is more and more used in the normal pop world, more and more people are getting used to the electronic sound and if you listen to the Top 40 chart there’s a lot of songs that are ‘danceable’ but many of these songs lack our vibe and our feel. People who make this music they never experience electronic music the way we do, it may sound similar but they never have the ‘bang’ and the ‘oomph’ that we as electronic artists put into it.
R:Can you sum up Cream Ibiza and your forthcoming exclusive residency for us?
PVD:Its high quality electronic music with the most level of entertainment and the biggest guarantee of having the best night of your life!
Speaking about Cream Ibiza, Paul will play there for the last time this year at the Cream Ibiza Closing Party on september 30th.
17 September 2010
This is the question we have to answer these days.
Of course we all know it is PAUL VAN DYK, but in order to proclaim him in this position we have to vote in the competition that MIXMAG has in store.
So, for the moment let's forget a little about the DJ MAG TOP 100 which will ( will it????) say who is the best dj of this year and let's see how we can be part of the MIXMAG competition.
First of all, in order to see the short-list of DJ's aspiring to the title, you will have to "Like" this facebook profile: http://www.facebook.com/MixmagMagazine
Then click on GREATEST DJ and vote for the DJ you consider being the best of all times, a.k.a PAUL VAN DYK ;)
Or, you can simply click here http://greatest.dj/paul-van-dyk and vote for PVD.
In the end, sit back and wait for the results of the competition. Simple huh?
P.S. If you didnt voted in the DJ MAG TOP 100 yet, hurry up. The voting ends on september 23rd. This means 6 days from now.
01. DJ's United - Remember Love
02. Underworld - Always Loved A Film (Michael Woods Rmx)
03. Pryda - Inspiration
04. Tomcraft & Jerome Isma-Ae - Trouble In The Redlight District (Weekend Heroes Rmx)
05. PvD - For An Angel 2009 (Miika Kuisma Rmx)
06. Ronald van Gelderen - Semper Fi (John O'Callaghan Rmx)
07. Giuseppe Ottaviani & Tom Colontonio - Love Mission
Guestmix by Tyler Michaud:
08. Trentemoller - Even Though You're With Another Girl (with George Carlin Acapella)
09. Miles Dyson & Lea Luna - Hearts Under Fire
10. Deadmau5 - Faxing Berlin (Tyler Michaud & Manuel De La Mare Tech Dub)
11. still to check
12. ID - ID
13. Tyler Michaud ft. Colleen Kelly - Get You Higher
14. Russell G & Steve Haines - Twisted
15. Tyler Michaud vs. Mat Zo - We're Not Going To Take This Anymore
16. Sebastian Weikum - Strawberry Fields
17. Filo & Peri ft. Audrey Gallagher - This Night (ID Rmx)
18. Cressida & Reminder - Lucid
19. Thomas Datt pres. Asedo - Seven Years (Ronski Speed Rmx)
20. Steve Angello - Knas
21. Petrae Foy & PJC Project - Long Train (Steve Mulder's Central Station Rmx)
22. Michael Woods - Dynamik
23. Armin van Buuren ft. VanVelzen - Take Me Where I Wanna Go
24. Steve Mulder vs. Nick Fiorucci - 3rd Cut ?(Nick Fiorucci Rmx)?
25. The XX - Intro (Sander van Doorn Bootleg)
26. Cressida & Reminder - Lucid
27. Sebastian Krieg & C'hantal - Seduction
28. Porter Robinson - Say My Name
Enjoy another great episode of VONYC SESSIONS
15 September 2010
For one month, PVD will be on the english soil for the delight of his UK fans.
The first gig will take place this friday in Newcastle. The last one will be on October 9th in Liverpool, as you can see in the flyer above.
UK fans cand be part of a
EXCLUSIVE COMPETITION FOR PVD FANS!
WIN: EXCLUSIVE PVD T SHIRT, LANYARD AND A COPY
OF GATECRASHER ANTHEMS BY PAUL VAN DYK
yOU JUST HAVE TO ANSWER THIS SIMPLE QUESTION:
WHAT is THE NAME OF PAUL’S RECORD LABel, NOW CELEBRATING 10YRS AT THE TOP?
EMAIL ANSWERS TO PAUL@PROACTIVE-RECORDS.CO.UK
14 September 2010
During WE ARE ONE in O2 Berlin, the video of this track was played as a world premiere.
Today the video has become public and it is here for all of us.
Please remember to buy the track from BEATPORT. All the money will be donated to the relatives of the Loveparade victims.
WE ARE ONE 2010 it's over and all we can say is Thank you Paul!!
It has been an amazing night, that we wont forget very soon. Excelent idea, excellent line-up, excellent music.
Talking about the performances at WE ARE ONE, one thing is sure: PAUL's set is amazing as usual. Giuseppe Ottaviani had an excellent live set too.
I am sure that Armin Van Buuren an Underworld fans have also been delighted.
There is another thing that we should thank Paul for: he allowed Fritz Radio to broadcast the whole event for those who werent lucky enough to get to Berlin.
We are all looking forward for WE ARE ONE 2011, which have already been announced on PVD's twitter account.
I am sure that a lot of PVD fans havent heard his magnificent WA1 set yet.
For those who missed it, here it is.
01. ID - ('Come On/Let's Go') + PvD ft. Sue Mclaren - We Come Together (PvD Club Mix)
02. PvD ft. Johnny McDaid - We Are One (Giuseppe Ottaviani Rmx)
03. Hannah - I Believe In You (Michael Woods Rmx)
04. John Gibbons & Scimon Tist - Maktub (Paul Webster Rmx) + [Clap Loop]
05. DJ's United - Remember Love [PvD Edit]
06. Mike Shiver vs. Fandy - Sique (Ronski Speed Rmx) + Ehren Stowers - Frequency [PvD Mashup]
07. André Visior & Kay Stone - Something For Your Mind (Giuseppe Ottaviani Rmx) + [Percussion Loop]
08. Yuri Kane - Right Back (Anton Firtich Dub) + [Clap Loop]
09. ID - well known + [Clap Loop]
10. ID - ID + [Clap Loop]
11. John O'Callaghan ft. Sarah Howells - Find Yourself (Heatbeat Rmx)[John O'Calaghan Rework] + (Cosmix Gate Rmx)[PvD Mashup] + [Clap Loop] + [Live Keyboardstrings]
12. Jonesey - Independance (Stadium Mix)[PvD Rework] + [Clap Loop]
13. DJ Dero - Dero's Rave
14. Steve Angello - Knas
15. Faithless - Insomnia (ID Rmx)
16. Benni Benassi - Satisfaction (Setrise Rmx)
17. Remady P&R & Jorge Martin S pres. Swiss Society - Danger Zone (DJ Tool 1)[Sample Loop] + (DJ Tool 2)[Sample Loop]
18. PvD ft. Jennifer Brown - We Are Alive (Thomas Gold Rmx) + Chuckie - Let The Bass Kick
19. ID - ID
20. Reverse - Final Fraction
21. Reverse - Distant Destiny + [Live Keyboardspads]
22. James Horner - I See You (Theme From Avatar) (Cosmic Gate Club Mix)[PvD Cut Edit] + [Clap Loop]
23. [Clap Loop] + [Live Keyboardstrings: The White Stripes - Seven Nation Army]
24. PvD ft. Vega 4 - Time Of Our Lives (UK Club Mix) + [Clap Loop]
25. PvD ft. Johnny McDaid - Home [Vocals Essential]
26. PvD ft. Johnny McDaid - Home (PvD Club Mix) + [Vocals Essential]
10 September 2010
For more details visit http://www.weareonefestival.com
This episode also features the world premiere of the track REMEMBER LOVE that Paul Van Dyk, Armin van Buuren and Paul Oakenfold made in the memory of the Loveparade victims.
The track is huge by the way ;)
Tracklist ( www.paulvandyk.com):
01.Paul van Dyk ft. Johnny McDaid - We Are One - Giuseppe Ottaviani Remix
02.Armin van Buuren - World Is Watching Me
03.John Gibbons & Scimon Tist - Maktub
04.Tim Berg vs Oliver Ingrosso and Otto Knows - iTrack
05.DJs United - Remember Love
06.Giuseppe Ottaviani - Lightwaves
07.Jerome Isma-Ae - Spotlight
08.Chuckie - Move It To The Drum
09.D-Mad - She Gave Happiness - Arty Remix
10.Jon O'Bir - Out Of Touch
11.Maarten De Jong - Anti Flu - Stuffed Remix
12.Josh Wink - Higher State Of Consciousness - Filo & Peri Bootleg
13.Laika - Solarity - Ashley Wallbridge Remix
14.Underworld - Scribble
15.Spencer and Hill - Sunbeam – Original Mix
16.Ali Wilson, Matt Smallwood, Tristan Ingram - Miasma – Dark Dub
17.Arnej - The Day Will Come - Sied van Riel Remix
18.Ronald van Gelderen - Semper Fi - John O'Callaghan Remix
19.Adam Foley - No Kontrol
20.Substate - Panama Original Mix
21.Armin Van Buuren vs Sophie Ellis Bextor - Not Giving Up On Love – Jorn van Deynhoven - Dub
22.John Askew - To the floor
06 September 2010
01. Underworld - Always Loved A Film (Michael Woods Rmx)
02. DAT Soundsystem ft. Dale Anderson, Anil Chawla & Tim Davison - Mura
03. Pryda - Inspiration
04. Tritonal ft. Soto - Forgive Me, Forget You (Ashley Wallbridge Rmx)
05. Peter Rauhofer ft. Celeda - Believe In The Music (Richard Grey Rmx)
06. Alex Kidd vs. Kidd Kaos - Tom's Diner (Scot Project Dub Rmx)
07. Claude VonStroke - Aundy (DJ Marky & S.P.Y. Rmx)
08. Hannah - I Believe In You (Michael Woods Rmx)
09. Orla Feeney - Lesson Learned (Giuseppe Ottaviani Rmx)
10. Alan Connor - Sun Went Down (Beltek Rmx)
11. Ben Nicky ft. Linnea Schossow - Tears
12. Max Graham - Dusky 2010 (Does She Know Yet
17. Sneijder - Away From Here (Arty Rmx)
23. Dj Joe K - Born Slippy
Have a nice week!
P.S. Dont forget to tell your friends to add PVD as friend on Facebook. September 11th is coming very fast so we should be close to 1 million friends by then.
03 September 2010
19 people were killed and 340 injured at the event in Duisburg, near Dusseldorf on July 24.
Armin Van Burren told MTV News the trio were currently working on the song, entitled 'Remember Love'.
"We were so shocked about what happened here in Duisburg in Europe that we thought about doing a track together,” he said.
“The track will be called 'Remember Love'.
I'm actually bouncing back and forth with Paul van Dyk the final version of that track.”
The Love Parade originally took place in Berlin, but was moved to Duisburg in 2007. It has now been discontinued.
Tracklist (credits to paulvandyk.com) :
01.Underworld - Always Loved A Film
02.DAT Soundsystem - Mura
03.Pryda - Inspiration
04.Tritonal ft Christina Soto - Forget Me Forget You - Ashley Wallbridge Remix
05.Peter Rauhofer - Believe In The Music - Richard Grey Remix
06.Alex Kidd vs Kidd Kaos - Tom's Diner - Scot Project Remix
07Underworld - Spotlight
08.Claude von Stroke - Aundy
09.Hannah - I Believe In You - Ali Wilson & Tristan Ingram Remix
10.Orla Feeney - Lesson Learned - Giuseppe Ottaviani Remix
11.Alan Connor - Sun Went Down - Beltek Remix
12.Ben Nicky - Tears
13.Reverse - Absolut Reality
14.Sequentia - Don't Surrender - Arty Remix
15.Ben Nicky - Jet Stream
16.Claudia Cazacu - Translucent
17.Mark Eteson & Ben Nicky - Altitude
18.Reverse - Final Fraction
19.Jorn Van Deynhofen & Temple One - Halo
ENJOY THE SHOW!
01 September 2010
Who is a PVD fan since long knows that his sets from Ibiza are amazing.
Who is not a PVD fan yet has the chance to realise why Paul is the king of electronic music, despite of what different rankings are saying.
Enjoy this one our piece of musical heaven.
( CREDITS: tranceaddict.com)
01. Chicane - Saltwater (Jerome Isma-Ae Rmx)[PvD Edit]
02. Kaskade & Deadmau5 - Move For Me (Extended Mix) + [Clap Loop]
03. Dave Darell - Children (Club Mix)
04. DJ Joe K - Born Slippy (Extended Club Mix)
05. Danny Powers - Frequency + Klubbheads - Deep Inside (Abel Ramos Rmx) + Eric Prydz - Pjanoo [PvD Mashup] + Camisra - Let Me Show You [Sample] + [Clap Loop]
06. PvD & Alex M.O.R.P.H. ft. Ashley Tomberlin - Get Back (Re:Locate Rmx) + [Clap Loop]
07. Sander van Doorn - Riff [PvD Edit] + Delerium ft. Sarah McLachlan - Silence (Tiesto In Search Of Sunrise Rmx) + [Clap Loop]
08. PvD ft. Rea Garvey - Let Go (Alex M.O.R.P.H Rmx) + [Clap Loop]
09. ID - well known + [Clap Loop]
10. Stoneface & Terminal - Volcano (2am Mix) + Lenny Kravitz - Believe In Me (Mind One Rmx)[PvD Mashup] + [Clap Loop]
11. Mark Knight & Funkagenda - Good Times
12. DJ Dero - Dero's Rave
13. Dirty South ft. Rudy - Let It Go (Axwell Rmx)
14. Faithless - Insomnia (Setrise Remix)
15. Benni Benassi - Satisfaction (Setrise Rmx)
16. Filo & Peri with Eric Lumiere - Soul And The Sun (Giuseppe Ottaviani Rmx)
17. DJ Ange - Isolation [PvD Cut Edit]
18. James Horner - I See You (Cosmic Gate Rmx)[PvD Cut Edit] + [Clap Loop]
19. Marcel Woods- Everything Dub + Tattoo Detectives - Il Salto Fuori (Crazy Mix)[Sample]
The set was broadcasted on SIRIUS/AREA as part of the Ibiza week.
The channel will also feature Ibiza sets from other artists like Eddie Halliwell and Armin Van Buuren.