WE ARE ONE 2014

30 March 2012

MOLLY STARTS A LITTLE WAR BETWEEN PVD AND MADONNA


Paul Van Dyk has criticised Madonna for comments that she made at last weekend's Ultra Music Festival.
While introducing Avicii at the Miami event, Madonna asked the crowd whether they had "seen Molly", using a street name for ecstasy.
That was the moment that seemed very inappropriate for PVD who told Billboard that :  "Madonna was so stupid to actually call out drug abuse in front of a crowd of 18-year-olds. This is not what our music is about. It's really counterproductive.
"I don't think she was thinking much. The only thing she was probably thinking was, 'I need to connect with a young crowd', and she made the biggest mistake of her career."
Following the comment, Madonna posted an explanation on Twitter. "I don't support drug use and I never have," she said. "I was referring to the song called 'Have You Seen Molly' written by my friend Cedric Gervais who I almost worked with on my last album."
You can read the entire story here.

No comments: